Winter Wildlife of Japan Tour 2018
Snow Monkeys, Red-crowned Cranes, Steller’s Sea Eagles and more!
Feb 18th – March 3rd, 2018, 14 days. $9500. Deposit $3000
All single rooms, Maximum 5 photographers + Leader Robert OToole and co-leader
Japan is a winter paradise for excellent opportunities to photograph Snow Monkeys and the ultra rare Japanese red-crowned cranes and Steller’s sea eagles, plus great opportunities for whooper swans, white-tailed sea eagles and black-eared kites and more!
Join Robert OToole on an amazing trip to the spectacular snow covered country side in winter that makes the ideal backdrop for photographing Japan's wildlife. We visit the amazing Japanese macaque snow monkeys in Nagano then we travel north to the island of Hokkaido to photograph Steller's and white-tailed sea eagles on pack ice in the Sea of Okhotsk. On the way to photograph one of the rarest and most photogenic birds in the world the japanese red-crowned cranes as they perform their graceful mating dance we make time to photograph the whooper swans on the misty shores of Lake Kussharo.
- Exclusive small group size of 5 photographers + leaders and guide.
- Two photography sessions a day, conditions permitting.
- Single accommodations in western or Japanese style rooms when available.
- Western food and Japanese food choices when available.
- Tour includes the best and most productive wildlife photo locations in Japan.
- Unlimited Wi-Fi hotspot access available when in the field, in hotels, and traveling from location to location.
- Private mini-bus transportation. No trains or full size buses are used.
- Japanese domestic airfare included.
Why a Photo Tour?
This tour offers great opportunities to photograph and enjoy all of the amazing wildlife of wintertime Japan has to offer with an important difference: you are accompanied by a experienced professional photographer.
Why Should you Choose this Tour?
1. Photographers of all levels are welcome, the tour pacing will suit everyone's needs and skill level.
2. This is a multi camera system tour and we welcome owners of all brands, and the tour leader has professional experience with both Canon and Nikon systems.
3. On this tour only mini bus transportation equipped with Wi-Fi is used, no giant buses here.
4. Private transport is used on this tour we do not use any public subway or train services.
5. In addition to photography will have free time for group and one-on-one image review and instruction.
6. There are never any question limits at any time on this tour.
7. The small group size with a leader and co-leader means more time and guidance for each participant, and questions are always encouraged.
8. You will receive a daily briefing and specific suggestions on the subject that is being targeted.
9. 2018 will be the leader's 9th year leading tours in Japan.
• Single or double accommodations, all include western style accommodations (subject to availability).
• All daily transportation.
• All meals and drinks are included except for alcoholic beverages.
• Admission fees for all charters and planned excursions.
• Domestic flight inside Japan to the northern island of Hokkaido.
• Private transportation to and from all locations, no train transportation at anytime on this tour.
• Unlimited Wifi available in our private transportation, most photo locations and all hotels. Speeds up to 65Mbps down and 5Mbps up.
• In the field instruction, briefing and specific suggestions during each photography session.
• Services of the our english speaking guide.
Please email Robert to register or for more information.
What's Not Included?
• International airfare or visa fees
• Beer, wine, cocktails, or any alcoholic beverages
• Travel Insurance
• Tips for our guide (tips are normally not customary in Japan)
• Meals or accommodation before or after the tour
If you would like to join me for the experience of a lifetime, please let us know immediately via e-mail or by phone that you will be sending a deposit as I expect this trip to sell out.
If you are unable to attend the workshop, after paying the balance, the balance payment will be refunded ONLY if your spot can be filled, on short notice, from the waiting list. Please email for more information.
All content (including text, design, photos, layout, and graphics) are copyright © 2016 Robert OToole. All rights reserved.