South Africa Tour
April 21st - May 6th, 2018, 15 days. Price TBA. 5 spots available.
Sharing accommodations, Maximum 8 photographers + Leader Robert OToole and co-leader.
This photo tour is based at a private game reserve situated in one of the world’s largest and most prestigious private conservation areas the Sabi Sands Game Reserve covering over 160,000 acres that adjoins the Kruger National Park in South Africa. The Sabi and the Sand Rivers run through the reserve, which add further dimension to the bio-diversity of this area.
- Private safari vehicle throughout the entire tour with only 1 person per seating row and 3 photographers per vehicle. Normal safari vehicles have 3 persons per row and 10 photographers total
- Round trip scenic charter flights from Johannesburg to our lodge is included in the tour fee
- Special 80 pound per person luggage allowance, the standard weight allowance is 44 pounds
- Wildlife in the reserve is habituated resulting in extraordinary close up encounters of leopard and other elusive animals
- The tour takes place in a private conservation area so there are never safari vehicle traffic jams
- Small group size of 8 participants means more assistance and guidance for each participant
- Photographers of all levels are welcome, the tour pacing will suit everyone’s needs and skill level
- This is a multi camera system tour and we welcome owners of all brands, the tour leader uses both Canon and Nikon systems and has over 10 years of professional experience with both systems
- Morning tea and snacks are served in the field with a afternoon post sunset tea and snacks service
- Air-conditioned sharing chalets, private rooms are available
- En-suite bathroom with separate bath, shower and WC
- Bar, swimming pool, gym and wine cellar
- Complimentary internet WiFi access
- Laundry service is available
Each and every day I will strive to put you in the right place to make the very best images possible. Your image making will always be a priority over my own. My second goal is to make sure you return home safe and sound with images that are even better than expected.
Why Should you Choose this Tour?
- Photographers of all levels are welcome.
- This is a multiple camera system tour and we welcome owners of all brands.
- The tour leader uses both Canon and Nikon systems and can offer help and advice for owners of either system.
- The small group size of 4 with a leader and co-leader means more time and guidance for each participant, and questions are always encouraged.
- You will receive a daily briefing and specific suggestions on the subject that is being targeted.
- The tour pacing will suit everyone’s needs and skill level.
- Accommodations based on double occupancy
- All meals and snacks
- Daily briefings throughout your trip
- Complimentary bottled drinking water
- Airport transfers for group
- Baggage handling
- Pre-tour consultation is available anytime before the tour
- International airfare, passport or visa fees
- Beer, wine, cocktails, soft drinks or any alcoholic beverages
- Travel Insurance
- Guide/staff tips
- Meals or accommodation before or after the tour
If you would like to join me for the safari experience of a lifetime, please let us know immediately via e-mail or by phone that you will be sending a deposit as I expect this trip to sell out.
Deposit: $3000. (Non-refundable)
First payment: $3000. Due August 1st, 2016
Balance payment: Due February 1st 2017.
Complete preparation information including tips, packing list, trip expectations, tipping guidelines and more will be available on registration.
If you are unable to attend the workshop, after paying the balance, the balance payment will be refunded ONLY if your spot can be filled, on short notice, from the waiting list.
Please email for more information.