South Africa Tour: The Ultimate Leopard Photo Tour
April 22nd - May 3rd, 2019, 11 days. Price $13,500.
Single accommodations, Maximum 5 photographers + Leader Robert OToole and co-leader.
This photo tour is based at a private game reserve with the world's highest concentration of leopard's in the world, over the last 3 years we averaged photographing at least 10 individual leopards not including cubs in 10 days. Our reserve is situated in one of the world’s largest and most prestigious private conservation areas, the Sabi Sands Game Reserve, covering over 160,000 acres that adjoins the Kruger National Park in South Africa. The Sabi and the Sand Rivers run through the reserve, which add further dimension to the bio-diversity of this area.
- This tour gives you 11 tour days, thats 10 shooting days and 18 safari drives. The typical 11 day Africa safari type tours only give the photographer maybe 7 shooting days and 13 safari drives or less.
- Private safari vehicle throughout the entire tour with only 1 person per seating row and 3 photographers per vehicle. Normal safari vehicles have 3 persons per row and 10 photographers total
- Private safari vehicle throughout the entire tour means we can stay out as long as needed when the conditions are right.
- Our private safari vehicles are all open top so you can photograph from a natural looking low perspective.
- This tour is inside a private reserve so we travel off-road on this tour when needed. Almost all Africa Photo tours must stay on the road or trail.
- Wildlife in the reserve is habituated resulting in extraordinary close up encounters of leopard and other elusive animals
- The tour takes place in a private conservation area so there are never safari vehicle traffic jams
- Small group size of 5 participants means more assistance and guidance for each participant
- This tour is targeting leopard and other big cats but we can easily see the big 5 everyday or even on every drive.
- Photographers of all levels are welcome, the tour pacing will suit everyone’s needs and skill level
- This is a multi camera system tour and we welcome owners of all brands, the tour leader uses both Canon, Sony and Nikon systems and has over 10 years of professional experience with all 3 systems
- Morning tea and snacks are served in the field with a afternoon post sunset tea and snacks service
- Single accommodations
- Air-conditioned sharing chalets, private rooms are available
- En-suite bathroom with separate bath, shower and WC
- Bar, swimming pool, gym and wine cellar
- Complimentary internet WiFi access
- Laundry service is available
Each and every day I will strive to put you in the right place to make the very best images possible. Your image making will always be a priority over my own. My second goal is to make sure you return home safe and sound with images that are even better than expected.
Why Should you Choose this Tour?
- Photographers of all levels are welcome.
- This is a multiple camera system tour and we welcome owners of all brands.
- The tour leader uses both Canon, Sony and Nikon systems and can offer help and advice for owners of either system.
- The small group size of 5 with a leader and co-leader means more time and guidance for each participant, and questions are always encouraged.
- You will receive a daily briefing and specific suggestions on the subject that is being targeted.
- The tour pacing will suit everyone’s needs and skill level.
- Accommodations based on double occupancy
- All meals and snacks
- Daily briefings throughout your trip
- Complimentary bottled drinking water
- Pre-tour consultation is available anytime before the tour
- International airfare, in country airfare, passport or visa fees
- Beer, wine, cocktails, soft drinks or any alcoholic beverages
- Travel Insurance
- Guide/staff tips
- Meals or accommodation before or after the tour
If you would like to join me for the safari experience of a lifetime, please let us know immediately via e-mail or by phone that you will be sending a deposit as I expect this trip to sell out.
Deposit: $5000. (Non-refundable)
First payment: $5000. (Non-refundable) Due August 1st, 2018
Balance payment: $3500 Due February 1st 2019.
Complete preparation information including tips, packing list, trip expectations, tipping guidelines and more will be available on registration.
If you are unable to attend the workshop, after paying the balance, the balance payment will be refunded ONLY if your spot can be filled, on short notice, from the waiting list.
Please email for more information.